Forensic Accounting Houston
For over twenty years, we have used our forensic accounting Houston expertise to assist attorneys, investigators and government policing bodies in providing evidence for trial, as well as supplying expert testimony in a multitude of criminal cases.
Whether the case at hand involves patent infringement, breach of contract, bankruptcy, divorce, fraud or embezzlement, Accountant Houston has the resources to provide you and your clients with the forensic accounting Houston support you need.
Do you worry that you or your business might be the victim of fraud, and need a forensic accounting Houston team to check through all accounts?
It is possible that you will also need a forensic accounting Houston team to analyze your financial data to help uncover any potential misconduct. You may also need to investigate an entity for acquisition and correctly identify financial irregularities within your accounts. Finally, you may need a forensic accounting Houston team to help with a litigation case and testify in court on your behalf.
If any of these situations apply, you need our Forensic Accounting Houston services.
Who Needs Forensic Accounting?
Forensic accounting – also called financial forensics or forensic auditing – is an area of accounting that investigates actual or anticipated disputes. It could also be used to identify any fraudulent activities.
Disputes can range from business-related litigation to marital dissolution. We handle both litigation support and investigative accounting.
This area covers accounting assistance for current or pending litigation. This is one of the most important aspects for forensic accounting Houston services. For a litigation assignment, we:
- assist in obtaining the necessary documentation to support or refute a claim;
- examine the relevant documentation to form an assessment of the case;
- review the damages report by the opposing expert;
- assist with settlement discussions and negotiations; and
- attend trial to hear the testimony of the opposing expert and provide assistance with cross-examination.
Sometimes, you may need a forensic accountant Houston firm to explore whether fraud or misconduct has occurred, such as potential employee theft of property or theft of inventory, potential misappropriation of funds by current or previous employees, kickbacks to employees from outside businesses, securities fraud, and insurance fraud.
With our investigative forensic accounting services, we bring to bear our expert accounting knowledge and significant experience in the field to give you a clear understanding of the situation. When you retain our forensic accounting Houston expertise, we skillfully:
- review the situation and offer suggestions for possible courses of action;
- assist with the protection and recovery of assets;
- coordinate with other experts, including private investigators, forensic document examiners, and consulting engineers; and
- assist with any necessary civil action or criminal prosecution.
Forensic Investigations Take a Variety of Forms
The services of a forensic accountant are required for a range of investigations across many different industries. Here are the most common assignments in forensic accounting:
- Disputes Among Shareholders or Partners. The compensation and benefits given to each of the shareholders or partners is one of the more common issues in these cases.
- Personal Injury Claims / Motor Vehicle Accidents. When economic losses from a personal injury or vehicular accident are in question, a forensic accountant is brought in.
- Insurance Claims. Because insurance policies vary greatly in their terms and conditions, such engagements require a thorough policy review to determine the appropriate method of figuring the loss. A forensic accountant can assist from either the insured or the insurer’s standpoint.
- Business/Employee Fraud Investigations.The investigation of employee fraud often requires a determination of the extent of the fraud. It may or may not include the identification of a perpetrator. Many times, such assignments necessitate interviews of staff who had access to the funds.
- Matrimonial Disputes. Usually, when a dispute of this nature arises, forensic accountants must locate and evaluate the disputed assets, be they businesses, property, or fiduciary.
- Business Economic Losses. These kinds of engagements include contract disputes, construction claims, expropriations, product liability claims, trademark and patent infringements, and losses stemming from an alleged breach of a non-compete agreement.
Accountant Houston provide the best forensic accounting services within the city. If you are looking for a forensic accounting Houston firm, contact us today.
We're here for any kind of accounting help you need!
Get in touch with us for a no obligation chat. Our mission is to help make accounting accessible!